Mura at Patok na tatak ng sigarilyo:
- Fortune - price is ranging from P45.00 to P50.00 per pack in Grocery or Sari-Sari Store.
- Marvels - price is ranging from P43.00 to P50.00 per pack in Grocery Sari-Sari Store.
- Mighty - price is ranging from P43.00 to P50.00 per pack in Grocery Sari-Sari Store.
Mahal ngunit patok na tatak ng sigarilyo:
- Marlboro *Flip Top
LawsRepublic Act No. 9211, otherwise known as the "Tobacco Regulation Act of 2003", makes it unlawful for any person under the age of 18 years to purchase, sell or smoke tobacco products.
"The Graphic Health Warnings Law" - requiring tobacco companies to print twelve graphic health warning templates that warn about the dangers of smoking on cigarette packages being sold in the country. The images would occupy the lower half of the front and rear panels of a cigarette pack and could include pictures of cancerous lungs and throats.
Smoking ban. May 16, 2017, President Rodrigo Duterte issued Executive Order 26 reinforcing the tobacco regulation law.
The Tobacco Regulation Act - bans smoking in public places such as schools and recreational facilities, elevators and stairwells, hospitals, nursing homes, laboratories, public conveyances and public facilities such as airports and ship terminals, train and bus stations, restaurants and conference halls, with the exception of separate smoking rooms.
Republic Act (RA) No. 10351, commonly known as the “Sin Tax Law”
- covers the specific tax rates for cigarettes whether packed by hand or packed by machine.
- prescribe, provide and distribute to the proper officials xxx internal revenue stamps; unique, secure and non-removable identification markings, such as codes or stamps, be affixed to or form part if all unit packets and packages and any outside packaging of cigarettes xxx.
- prescribes the implementing guidelines on the revised tax rates on alcohol and tobacco products pursuant to the provisions of RA No. 10351 and clarifies certain provisions of the existing RR.
- Cigarettes packed by machine where the net retail price per pack is more than P11.50 would be imposed an excise tax per pack of P25.00 starting Jan. 1, 2013 and would be increased every year thereafter to P27.00, P28.00 and P29.00 until the unitary rate of P30.00 also is imposed starting Jan. 1, 2017.
- Ccigarettes packed by machine where the net retail price per pack is more than P11.50 would be imposed an excise tax per pack of P25.00 starting Jan. 1, 2013 and would be increased every year thereafter to P27.00, P28.00 and P29.00 until the unitary rate of P30.00 also is imposed starting Jan. 1, 2017.
- Moreover, the specific tax rates for cigarettes whether packed by hand or packed by machine shall be increased by four percent four percent every year thereafter, starting on Jan. 1, 2018. The new structure of excise tax imposed on cigarettes, implemented through RR No. 17-2012, clearly shows the intent of the government which is to generate more revenue on the consumption of cigarettes by prescribing higher tax rates.
E-cigarettes: Nicotine to Dopamine into a pleasurable feelings.Posted to Philippine Star website dated on January 21, 2013, "E-cigarettes are being flavored to cover the (taste of nicotine). So you would think that there’s no nicotine in it until you develop addiction." - Maricar Limpin, executive director of the Framework Convention on Tobacco Control Alliance Philippines,
"Nicotine is only one of the 70 toxic chemicals, 70 of them carcinogenic, found in cigarettes. These include butane, used in lighters; cadmium, used in batteries; stearic acid (candle wax); toluene (industrial solvent); ammonia (toilet cleaner); paint; methanol (rocket fuel); carbon monoxide; arsenic (poison); methane (sewer gas); acetic acid (vinegar) and hexamine (barbeque lighter). Like cocaine and heroine, nicotine is addictive because it disturbs the balance of chemicals in a person’s brain. During smoking, nicotine stimulates the blood pressure and oxygen level in the body, causing the release of dopamine in the brain.
Dopamine is a chemical that gives pleasurable feelings and since it is triggered by nicotine, it relies on this toxic substance to achieve the desired sensation, resulting in addiction." - Phil Star