Event: 29th Sea Games held at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on August 14 to 30, 2017.The Philippine contingent comprises of 497 athletes and will compete in all the events except for cricket.
Participating Teams: Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Myanmar, Brunei, Lao PDR, Cambodia and Timor Leste.
Quick List of Pilipinas Gold.
- Athletics - Marathon: Women’s — Mary Joy Tabal won the gold medal with a time of 2:48:24.
- Triathlon: Men’s - Nikko Huelgas wins the men’s triathlon event to give PH its second gold medal. John Chicano comes in second for PH’s third silver.
- Triathlon: Women’s - Kim Mangrobang reigned the women’s triathlon event to win a gold medal. Claire Adorno finished in second place to win silver.
- Gymnastics Artistic: Reyland Yuson Capellan successfully defends his men’s floor exercise title to give PH its 4th gold medal.
- Gymnastics Artistic: Kaitlin de Guzman scores 12.875 in the uneven bars event to claim the gold medal, the Philippines’ fifth of the SEA Games.
- Wushu: Women - Agatha Wong scores 9.66 to win the wushu taijiquan event, giving PH its sixth gold medal.
- Fencing: Brennan Louie wins the gold medal in the men’s foil after defeating teammate Nathaniel Perez, 15-14. Perez settles for silver.
- Athletics: Eric Cray wins the gold medal in 400m hurdles with a time of 50.03. He also wins silver in the 100m dash with a time of 10.43 seconds.
- Athletics: Trenten Anthony Beram wins the gold in the men’s 200m.
- Athletics: Aries Toledo wins the gold in decathlon.
- Lawn Bowls - Men’s: The Lawn Bowls team of Curte Robert Guarin, Emmanuel Portacio, Leoncio Carreon Jr., and Ronald Lising bags the Philippines’ 11th gold medal in the Men’s Fours event.
- Ice Hockey: Philippines bags the first ever SEA Games gold in ice hockey, after defeating Thailand in the finals, 5-4.
- Boxing: Eumir Marcial gave the Philippines its first gold medal in boxing by outclassing Thailand’s Pathomsak Kuttiya in the bantamweight final.
- Boxing: John Marvin records one of the quickest wins in SEA Games boxing history, blowing out Malaysia’s Adli Hafidz Mohd Pauzi in just 21 seconds to win the gold in the light-heavyweight division.
- Athletics - Men’s: Trenten Anthony Beram wins his second SEA Games gold, this time in Men’s 400M dash.
- Taekwondo - Men: Dustin Jacob Mella, Raphael Enrico Mella, and Rodolfo Reyes Jr. earn gold with a total score of 8.40 in Poomsae-Team.
- Judo - Women: Judoka Kiyomi Watanabe wins the Philippines’ 17th gold after topping the women’s -63kg division.
- Basketball - Men: Gilas Pilipinas won the gold medal by overpowering Indonesia.
- Taekwondo - Men’s: Kyorugi – Under 74 KG (Light) – Samuel Morrison wins the gold medal.
- Judo - Women: Mariya Takahashi (W-70kg) wins the gold medal while Sydney Sy (W-78kg) wins a bronze.
- Billiards - Women: Pool 9-Ball Singles – Chezka Centeno def. Rubilen Amit, 7-6, to win the gold medal. Amit wins the silver.
- Billiards - Men:Carlo Biado bags the gold in men’s 9-ball singles after prevailing over Vietnam’s Duong Quoc Hoang, 9-5.
- Equ – Dressage/Jumping: Colin Syquia wins the Philippines’ 23rd gold in individual show jumping.
- Pencak Silat - Men’s: Dines Dumaan wins gold in Tanding (Match) Class A (45 – 50kg) division
Congratulations to all Philippines Athletes!
|Boxing - Eumir Marcial|
|Athletics - Marathon: Women’s — Mary Joy Tabal|
|Triathlon: Men’s - Nikko Huelgas|
|Triathlon: Women’s - Kim Mangrobang|
|Gymnastics Artistic: Reyland Yuson Capellan|
|Gymnastics Artistic: Kaitlin de Guzman|
|Wushu: Women - Agatha Wong|
|Fencing: Brennan Louie|
|Athletics: Eric Cray|
|Athletics: Trenten Anthony Beram|
|Athletics: Aries Toledo|
|Boxing: John Marvin|
|Judo - Women: Judoka Kiyomi Watanabe|
|Taekwondo - Men: Dustin Jacob Mella, Raphael Enrico Mella, and Rodolfo Reyes Jr.|
|PH medalists for billiards men’s and women’s 9-ball singles: (From L-R) Rubilen Amit, Chezka Centeno, Carlo Biado, Johann Chua|
|Dines Dumaan bags the Philippines’ 24th gold medal (Photo credit: PSC-POC Media Group)|