|PAGASA: Image satellite as of 4:00 AM, Monday 12 February 2018 via HIMAWARI-8 Satellite. Source Credit: PAGASA|
Tropical Storm "BASYANG" - 12 February 2018
Location of eye/center: At 4:00 AM today, the center of Tropical Storm "BASYANG" was estimated based on all available data at 690 km East of Hinatuan, Surigao del Sur (07.5 °N, 132.5 °E)with Maximum sustained winds of 65 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 80 kph moving West Northwest at 25 kph. Forecast Position: 24 Hour(Tomorrow morning): 115 km East Northeast of Hinatuan, Surigao del Sur(8.7°N, 127.3°E).
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING SIGNAL#1 (30-60kph expected in 36 hrs):
- Visayas: Southern Leyte and Bohol
- Mindanao: Dinagat Islands, Surigao del Norte, Surigao del Sur, Agusan del Norte, Agusan del Sur, Camiguin, Compostela Valley, Davao Oriental, Davao del Norte, Misamis Oriental, Lanao del Sur, and Bukidnon.
- Scattered to widespread moderate to heavy rains will prevail over the eastern section of Visayas and of Mindanao beginning later today. Residents of these areas must continue monitoring for updates, undertake precautionary measures against possible flooding and landslides, and coordinate with their respective local disaster risk reduction and management offices.
- Expected to make landfall in Caraga Region tomorrow morning (February 13).
- Sea travel is risky over the seaboards of Northern Luzon, eastern seaboards of Central and Southern Luzon, Eastern Visayas, and areas under Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal (TCWS
FORECAST WEATHER CONDITIONS - Northeast Monsoon affecting Northern and Central Luzon.
TS "Basyang" will bring Rains with gusty winds in Caraga, Davao Oriental, Davao del Norte, Camiguin, Misamis Oriental,Bukidnon, Southern Leyte and Bohol.
Trough of TS "Basyang" will also bring Cloudy skies with scattered rainshowers and thunderstorms in Bicol Region, and the rest of Visayas and of Mindanao.
Northeast Monsoon will bring Cloudy skies with scattered rains in Cagayan Valley Region, Cordillera Administrative Region, Aurora and Quezon.
Northeast Monsoon will bring Partly cloudy to cloudy skies with isolated rains in Ilocos Region.
Metro Manila and the rest of Luzon will experience Partly cloudy to cloudy skies with isolated rainshowers caused by Localized thunderstorms.